The Battle for the Capital (B4C) seeks to use the energy and excitement that surrounds the A-10 men’s crosstown basketball rivalry between Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Richmond to engage alumni and motivate them to show support for their university by making a gift to the annual fund.
1. Credit card gifts of $5 or more from alumni to their respective institution made online or through the student calling programs between 12:01 a.m. EST Friday, Feb. 12, 2016, and 11:59 p.m. EST Friday, Feb. 19, the day of the UR-VCU game at the Siegel Center. Donors can give to the annual fund designation of their choice.
2. Only one gift per donor counts toward the Battle for the Capital.
3. Alumni spouses living at the same address count as two points even if only one gift is made.
1. The winner is the university that tallies the most donors.
2. The winning institution will possess the Battle for the Capital cup for the duration of one year until the next year’s battle.
|2013||271||507 - Winner|
|2014 (#1)||608 - Winner||423|
|2014 (#2)||603 - Winner||554|
|2015||678 - Winner||619|