The Battle for the Capital seeks to use the energy and excitement that surrounds the A-10 men’s crosstown basketball rivalry between Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Richmond to engage alumni and motivate them to show support for their university by making a gift to the Annual Fund.
1. Gifts of $5 or more from alumni to their respective institution made by any method between 12:01 a.m. EST Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, and when the buzzer sounds to end the VCU-UR game Feb. 1, will be counted for the Battle for the Capital Week 1: UR at VCU Game No. 1. Donors can give to the Annual Fund designation of their choice.
2. Gifts of $5 or more from alumni to their respective institution made through any method between 12:01 a.m. EST Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014, and when the buzzer sounds to end the UR-VCU game Thursday, March 6, will be counted for the Battle for the Capital Week 2: VCU at UR Game No. 2. Donors can give to the Annual Fund designation of their choice.
3. Alumni have two chances to support their alma mater – the week preceding Game No. 1 and the week preceding Game No. 2. Only one gift per donor counts toward the B4C during each game week. Alumni spouses living at the same address count as two points even if only one gift is made.
1. The overall winner is the university that tallies the most donors by combining scores from both games.
2. The winning institution will possess the Battle for the Capital cup for the duration of one year until the next year’s battle.
|2013||271||507 - Winner|
1. The B4C is be promoted via email, phone, web and social media by the annual giving and communications officers at each institution. Joint promotion occurs via www.BattleForTheCapital.org, www.Richmond.com, www.timesdispatch.com and in the printed version of the Times-Dispatch before each game. 2. Graphics and messaging are shared and co-branded to ensure that a similar tone, look and feel are projected. 3. B4C results are communicated electronically primarily through university e-communications and social media outlets, and collaborative efforts will be made to acknowledge B4C during halftime of each game and follow-up news releases/articles.